- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Worship in Pink Ambassadors
The Ambassadors are vital to Worship in Pink and its success! Each congregation has 2-4 Ambassadors who serve as breast health messengers to plan and implement the Worship in Pink activities for their congregation. The purpose of the activities is to promote the importance of breast health and early detection of breast cancer through screening. Ambassadors are expected to attend trainings, execute their activity, and encourage congregation involvement in Worship in Pink.
2018 Ambassador Calendar
- Thursday, June 28, 8:30am – 10:30am – Clergy Breakfast
- Monday, July 15 – Ambassador Registration deadline
- Saturday, August 25, 8:30am – 1pm – Ambassador Summit –Legacy Emanuel Lorenzen Conference Center
orientation and training for volunteer ambassadors, education materials available for pick-up.
- October 1-31, Worship in Pink Activities
- Saturday, October 20 – Mobile Mammography event – Vancouver Ave. First Baptist Church, 9am-3pm.
- Sunday, November 4, 3pm – 5 pm – Legacy Emanuel Lorenzen Conference Center
Ambassador Celebration – Celebrate your accomplishments and return any unused materials
2018 WIP Ambassador Handbook
- Download the handbook here
Breast Health Resources
- Susan G. Komen – information about treatment, survivorship, resources, and risk reduction
- Legacy Health – Breast Health Central
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Program – screenings for low-income and uninsured/underinsured women
- Health Insurance, Oregon – Find out if you qualify for Oregon Health Plan (Medicaid), or to purchase medical insurance,
healthcare.oregon.gov or call Oregon Health Plans, 800.699.9075, or the Health Insurance Market Place, 800.318.2596
- Health Insurance, Washington – visit hca.wa.gov or call 1.855.923.4633 to see if you qualify for free coverage through Washington Apple Health (Medicaid), and to get help finding a plan that is right for you.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Kathy Kendrix at 503.735.1475.
We honor our late ambassadors who helped to promote the important messages of breast health. In loving memory:
Ambassador Glynnis Polk Childress, Northeast Community Fellowship Church
Ambassador Billie McKenzie, New Hope Missionary Baptist Church
Ambassador Arilena Moore, Maranatha Church
Ambassador Lorine Myles, Community AME Zion Church
Ambassador Sandi Perry, Salmon Creek United Methodist Church
Ambassador Jean Stadamire, Metro Church of Christ
Juanita Walton, President, Sisters Network Inc. Oregon & SW Washington Chapter