We have made some temporary changes to the Komen Treatment Access Program during COVID-19 pandemic, while resources are available:
- Mileage is not an eligibility criterion – all mileage is eligible
- Someone travelling less than 25 miles, one-way, to breast cancer treatment is eligible for a $100 gift card for miscellaneous expenses (gas, groceries, utilities, etc)
- Someone travelling more than 25 miles, one-way, to breast cancer treatment is eligible for this $100 card, in addition to what the program would otherwise allow.
All other eligibility requirements / parameters remain the same. Download this COVID-19 application form and instructions, for more information. As a reminder, the form should be completed and submitted by the clinic.
Many people experience difficulties which negatively impact their ability to complete their breast cancer treatment – geography, language differences, financial challenges.
These barriers often force breast cancer patients to choose between keeping their lights on and food on the table versus paying for gas to complete breast cancer treatment. The consequences are dire for those who forego completing their cancer treatment or miss appointments which results in diminished survival rates.
The Komen Treatment Access Program removes the barriers to access treatment by financially assisting with transportation, food, lodging, and more during treatment in partnership with 211info.
For more information on the Komen Treatment Access Program:
- Program Summary & Eligibility on How to Apply
- To be completed by a health care provider and emailed to 211info.
- Treatment Access Program Brochure
The Toni Mountain Fund (TMF) makes available financial assistance for those who need access to treatment the most. Donate to the Toni Mountain Fund.