|Home||Activities||Clergy Role||Ambassadors||Testimonies||Resources||Partners||Event Calendar|
Worship in Pink AmbassadorThe Ambassadors are vital to Worship in Pink and its success! Each congregation has 2-4 Ambassadors who serve as breast health messengers to plan and implement the Worship in Pink activities for their congregation. The purpose of the activities is to promote the message that early detection saves lives.
2017 Schedule of Events
All Ambassador events are located at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, 2801 N. Gantenbein, Portland, OR, or in Emanuel's Lorenzen Conference Center, 301 N. Graham, Portland, OR. Key activity dates can be found here.
The Ambassador's Role:
- Attend the Ambassador Training Summit to learn more about the importance of breast health, the purpose of Worship in Pink, and resources for your congregation.
- Planning Messages and Activities for your congregation during Worship in Pink
- Register your Worship In Pink event online, decide what educational materials your congregation needs, the type of event you'll hold, if you would like a speaker at your event, and what day and time it will be held.
- Pick up Breast Health Educational Materials to distribute at your event and teach your congregation about.
- If applicable, attend the Pilot Church Ambassador Training where pilot churches will learn about how to guide Worship in Pink attendees through the process of obtaining health insurance and getting breast cancer screenings.
- Conduct an Activity for Worship in Pink at your congregation! Activities should share inspiration, hope and education, ultimately encouraging women to be proactive about their breast health and get screened regularly.
- Return Extra Materials and Passport Data in a timely fashion after your congregation's event.
- Attend the Ambassador Dessert Soiree to celebrate successes and share stories!
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Kathy Kendrix at 503.735.1475.
We honor our late ambassadors who helped to promote the important messages of breast health. In loving memory:
Ambassador Glynnis Polk Childress, Northeast Community Fellowship Church
Ambassador Billie McKenzie, New Hope Missionary Baptist Church
Ambassador Arilena Moore, Maranatha Church
Ambassador Lorine Myles, Community AME Zion Church
Ambassador Sandi Perry, Salmon Creek United Methodist Church
Ambassador Jean Stadamire, Metro Church of Christ
Juanita Walton, President, Sisters Network Inc. Oregon & SW Washington Chapter