Portland area and SW Washington churches, synagogues, mosques or other interfaith organizations are invited to take part in Worship in Pink. Ambassadors from each congregation plan activities for Worship in Pink. Many have educational booths at their weekly service and invite members to wear pink. Some have members, survivors, or health care professionals speak about how breast cancer has affected their lives. Others host activities such as Pink fashion shows, teas, survivor recognition services, and memory walls.
- Saturday, June 17, 10am - 12pm - Legacy Emanuel MOB-2 East
Information sessions for ambassadors - introduction for new and interested organizations, Legacy Emanuel MOB-2 East
- Saturday, August 12, 8:30am - 1pm - Legacy Emanuel Lorenzen Conference Center
Ambassador Summit - orientation and training for volunteer ambassadors
- Saturday, September 9, 10am - 3pm - Legacy Emanuel MOB-2 East
Breast health education materials pick-up
- Saturday, September 30, 9am -12pm - Legacy Emanuel MOB-2 East
Pilot Church Ambassador Training- Specialized training for ambassadors at churches participating at the Pilot Level
- Saturday, October 7, 11am -2pm - Maranatha Church (4222 NE 12th Ave * Portland)
Health Matters: 2017 Worship in Pink Kick-Off Health Fair- Community and health organizations with information, free lunch, live music, fun activities for kids. Mammograms available, by pre-appointment, on Tuality mobile mammogram van from 8:30 am - 4 pm. More information on mammogram registration to come!
- October 1-31 Worship in Pink Activities
Registration will be open in August to register the date of your event.
- Saturday, November 4, 10am - 3pm - Legacy Emanuel MOB-2 East
Breast health material and passport return
- January 21, 2018, 3 - 5 pm - Legacy Emanuel Lorenzen Conference Center
Ambassador Dessert Soiree - Celebrate your accomplishments with dessert!