Activities for Survivors at the Race
One of the most important components of this event is the opportunity to honor and celebrate breast cancer survivors. There are several events that are special to survivors:
- Registering as a breast cancer survivor? You will be asked if you would like to be recognized as a survivor during the regular registration process.
- Survivor Cap, T-Shirt and Pin – When you register for the Race as a breast cancer survivor, you automatically receive a pink survivor t-shirt and hat complimentary of Zeta Tau Alpha. Survivors also receive a complimentary survivor pin.
- Survivor City (Presented by Fred Meyer) - Breast cancer survivors are invited to visit Survivor City for complimentary photos, food and goody bags on Race day. Please present the coupon attached to your pink survivor bib number for entrance between 7am and 11:30am. Survivors are invited to bring one guest with them.
- Survivor Photographs - Group photos are taken throughout the morning at Survivor City. Click here to view photos from Survivor City.
- Survivor Finish Line Chute - Survivors cross a special finish line specific to survivors. Volunteers and members of the general public await their arrival, and cheer them on and present them with a flower, courtesy of Fred Meyer.
- Survivor Tribute - An inspirational ceremony recognizing the courage and grace of our breast cancer survivor Race participants. Survivors and their families are encouraged to attend!
- “In Honor Of” and “In Memory of” Signs - We would also like to invite participants to recognize those special people who have been touched by breast cancer. "In Memory of" and "In Celebration of" back signs will be available for all Race participants. Breast cancer survivor recognition items are sponsored by Zeta Tau Alpha.